Chapter 14 – Acceptance (5)
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The choco bread tasted sweet, and the taste of bread mixed with the chocolate stuffing was a rather nostalgic one. As I sat next to Ryan I could not help but think of the night Ryan ran away from his house.

We had just begun to be friends back then. I was at the convenience store getting 2 choco bread and milk, my favourite snack. I had brought them for myself and Bella, it was a rather cloudy night, so the moonlight didn't shine much.

The cool breeze which rustled the leaves in an eerie manner, kept me on my toes. Right before, I had left for the convenience store I had watched a horror movie, so the dim night didn't help much.

I have always been afraid of the paranormal as much as I am intrigued by it.

I came out of the convenience store when Ryan called out to me.

I was rather spooked to hear him, I was second guessing that he was a ghost, I couldn't help it, he didn't live anywhere near my house and yet here he was.

I prayed to all the gods I could think of as I waved to him, he jogged towards me and came to a stop, "What are you doing out so late?", he asked concerned, "I get that you don't care about being a girl, but still you should not be out so late, it is dangerous!"

"Oh come on, I know that too but my house is right next door, so not worried man, what are you doing here by the way?"

"You don't live anywhere close to here do ya? " I asked as I leaned on the wall near me.

"I..."

"What ?", I asked as I started to open the packaging of the choco bread to eat.

"I..."

"Why you so hesitant, this is unlike you bruh", I said as I started to munch on the bread.

"I ran away from home! ", he exclaimed leading me to choke on the bread I was eating.

"cough, cough, what?, cough " I coughed up a storm before I could confirm if what I heard was the truth.

I swallowed hard before asking him whether he actually said what I had just heard.

He nodded in silence leaving me baffled.

I knew he was not the kind of person to run away from home over silly things, I was unsure whether it was ok to ask him what happened.

We both walked into the convenience store and sat quietly at one of the tables, "You ok?", I asked as I tried to find a hint from the expression he wore.

He had a sad expression, he almost looked pitiful. "It's just my mum", he stated, the atmosphere was heavy and I didn't know what to do, I passed him the other choco bread I had and sat next to him watching him gulp it down in seconds.

"here", I passed him my choco milk.

"Why did you run away?", I asked at last mustering up the courage to do so.

"I just felt preassured.." He stated, "Wanna stay at my house then?"

He was hesitant but then agreed to come to my house, that night was a special one, we grew closer to each other that day, and an inexplicable bond was created.

I stood up, after having finished my bread, and went to take a peek outside only to find a human-sized goblin with a baseball bat covered in spikes, it was very fat almost like a pig.

I crouched down in fear as I called for Michel who identified it as a troll, we slowly and carefully moved the benches to the window hoping for it to hide us from the monster.

We barricaded all the windows just to be safe.

I pranced to one of the small gaps within the stacked benches to figure out the position of the troll only to find it missing.

"We have to move or we are dead", I exclaimed in a hushed voice, putting Ryan on guard.

We hurried to put on our backpacks when suddenly we heard a scream from the outside.

All 3 of us shot ourselves a glance before we tip-toed to the gaps on stacked benches to take a look at whose scream it was.

"Do you see anything?" I asked hoping for an affirmative answer, but I was disappointed.

We looked at each other, I took out the dagger which I had pocketed and Ryan held an arrow out showing his determination.

Michel, though was quite reluctant to fight, "Do we have to fight?", he asked souring the atmosphere.

"We have to when needed", I replied.

All three of us inched closer to the door, hoping to not find the troll anywhere near us.

"let's go"

I cautiously opened the door and looked on either side and to my relief, I did not find the troll anywhere.

We slowly made our way out, hoping to not encounter a monster right when we heard several screams from the distance.

The screams were quite far away from us much to our relief.

"What do we do now?" asked Michel looking in the direction of the screams.

"We are going into the school building" I said followed by an ok from Michel.

I was surprised by his affirmative answer.

I and Ryan shot each other a glance and nodded, I looked at the school building and I could feel the anxiety taking over me.

"Bella, hope you are safe" I muttered under my breath when an arrow went past me and injured Ryan in the gut.

"Argh"

Ryan shouted, startling me, he fell to the ground, and I turned around only to spot a goblin with a bow and arrow, aiming at me.

I sprinted towards the goblin, which had already started to run from the sight of me.

I tripped and fell hitting the ground hard, and could not do anything about the goblin that had already run away.

I turned around to look at Ryan who was severely injured, "Michel don't pull the arrow out"

I took off my shirt and wrapped it around Ryan's wound as he gasped for air from the pain. I held his hand and looked him in the eye, "You won't die with me here"

Ryan tried his best to stay conscious, "We need to move quickly, the troll must have heard his scream" I said as I slowly lifted Ryan giving him a piggyback.

"You hold him, I will take care of any monsters", I said as I passed the injured Ryan to Michel.

Michel nodded looking as pale as a ghost.

I gripped his arm, "It will be ok" I reassured him.

We started sprinting towards the school building, as I took care of any goblins that were in the way.

Michel was a pretty fast runner, he ran as fast as me even with Ryan on his back.

But I was unsure of whether I would be able to keep my word to Michel, my fatigue was once again at 90, and I could feel myself being on the edge.

We made our way through 5 goblins and ran on the grass through the trees and into the school building safely.

We were at the main entrance, "We are going to the nurse's office first", I commanded and started sprinting through the halls of the school which looked like a grave accident had taken place.

The walls were covered with blood and the corpses of students lay on the cold hard floor, my heart clutched in fear, I feared seeing Bella like this.

But Ryan was getting worse as time passed, I pursed my lips and decided to go to the nurse's first.

We ran through the abandoned hallways and reached the nurse's office which was right around the corner.

We entered the room, which was different from the outside, it was clean like nothing had happened.

"Put him on one of the beds", I told Michel as I went through the racks trying to find something to help Ryan, when suddenly from under one of the beds in the far corner I heard, "are there no monsters outside?"

I turned to look at where the familiar voice was coming from.

0