V1 Chapter 53: Checking
218 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
  • 1st Person POV (MC)

-Present Time-

Putting the helmet on the bedside table, I rise from my bed to brush my teeth once more and do my nightly routine as usual before making myself comfortable on the bed.

Since the heater is on I coiled myself in a weighted blanket. It feels so comfortable that it doesn’t take long for me to fall asleep.

...

...

...

“Hngh?”

Blearily opening my eyes, the piercing sunlight hit my face and its natural warmth felt pleasant on my skin.

It’s been a while, isn’t it? I never had a chance to appreciate things like this after reaching adult age. Juggling multiple jobs and full-time study was a bad idea on my part but what can I do? I have no financial support at the time.

I shook my head, getting rid of those thoughts. After all...

I am already free from those hellish days and a rigorous working environment.

--

I spent several minutes enjoying the sunlight from my windows before deciding to look at the clock.

Oh? It's nearing afternoon, and I slept late. Might as well get a brunch as I wander to the kitchen to take out the left-over fried rice and cooked teriyaki chicken to have it with.

Hmmm...

While eating, I am currently browsing Pochi Mochi’s Wikia.

Ohohohohoh!!!??? That is a piece of new information...

Amidst all the horny forums and their depraved discussions. Min-maxers talking about optimization and meta. Lore-driven players fervently discuss the background of an item.

Well for the last part, I do like those kinds of discussions But! At the topmost info, a discussion forum pinned by Pochi Mochi himself is talking about LV100.

It seems Pochi Mochi discovered something and bestowed his experience in the forum.

...

...

...

Oooohhh... After reaching LV100 there is a mechanic called ‘Rebirth’ if players want to do it.

Essentially, it will reset player LV to LV1 but! They will retain their {Race}, {Trait}, {Skill}, {Status}, and {Class} prior to Rebirth. Although their advancement is reset that is a loss to take.

Oh? There is a unique icon given to Rebirthed Players on their tag including a new name for their {Class}.

At the moment, Pochi Mochi is a LV10 Master. With many names for other classes too, for example; Astromancer, Arch Mage, Arch Druid and more...

Besides the original {Class Skill}, they added new {Skill} to learn so it is advised for players who reached LV100 to ‘Rebirth’. Although, Pochi Mochi’ mentioned that levelling up is getting harder...

I rubbed my chin while thinking...

It makes sense, if it is easy to Level Up then the Devs need to implement that mechanic to maintain player retention.

Who doesn’t want extra {Status} and fancy new {Skill}? No doubt there would be new {Spell} too!

More incentives to level up!

With a sigh, I cleaned up the dishes and generally tidied up the place before finally being able to wash my face and brush my teeth.

Once that was done, I checked my bank account just to... umm... confirming that it’s not an illusion.

I have a profit from playing O.w.O., it is not much but it serves as proof that one can get money.

Without further ado, I wore the fully charged helmet and pressed the big button at the top as my point of view was instantly blinded by bright white light.

-Entering O.w.O-

Then the blinding light fades as my eyes adjust...

*Chirp* *Chirp* *Rustle* *Rustle*

Sounds of singing birds, bushes rustling, trees swaying by the winds, and small streams greeted my ears.

I am right at My Home in the daytime. Ever since the arrival of Oreo, I don’t need to [Create] critters anymore since they naturally respawn within those Mini Biomes corresponding with their natural habitat.

Oreo sometimes slithers towards me and brings several glimmering orbs which upon discovery are monster drops. I can also ask them to target a specific monster. For now, it is random drops as I do not have any specific monsters to collect their loot.

Oh yeah! I need to check on the rewards I got.

Waving my hand, the familiar blue panel appeared as I accessed my inventory assessing the items and {Title}.

-System-

[Tower Emblem (Unique)]

Description: An insignia bearing the symbol of Astera’s Mages Tower granted to those who accomplished a grand feat to the Mages. Upon obtaining this item, you have access to all parts of Astera’s Mages Tower.

[Church Emblem (Unique)]

Description: An insignia bearing the symbol of Saintear’s Holy Order granted to those who accomplished a grand feat to one of their Clergy. Upon obtaining this item, you have access to all parts of Saintear’s Basilica.

[Eerie Torn Parchment (Unique)]

Description: A torn page about necromantic knowledge. Perhaps one may be able to reconstruct it into a book.

{Title}: [Astera’s Saviour]

Description: A Title given to those who completed a tremendous deed towards The City of Magic, Astera. While having this Title, People of Astera will regard you as Friendly.

-System-

I see, I see... the same kind of thing to [Nature’s Saviour] {Title} that I have.

Well, that means I have other things added to my never-ending list. Let’s set this aside for now as I’m going to focus one at a time...

--

Okay!!!

That is what I am planning to do today.

Exploring my <Crafting – All> particularly in the blacksmithing branch to make a weapon.

It will be a gift to Siegfried. An apology for lying to him and for the completion of his tournament as well.

A great plan if I do say so myself!

I smirked while walking towards the centre of My Home where the temple and a young sapling of the Tree of Life were.

(“Come to think of it... It has been a while right?”)

Glancing at the golden tree, it has not changed a bit ever since it grew into a young sapling stage.

(“Maybe it needs a bigger room?”)

Though...

Looking at my surroundings, the plant has plenty of room to grow since I purposely made the ‘Inner Area’ empty.

Maybe it just takes time...

Shrugging, I climbed the staircase with Gaia at my side as usual. It seems I already built up a habit of stroking his back whenever he was near as we arrived.

Wide space surrounded by marble pillars with gaps in between and an open ceiling. Allowing sunbeams and soft breezes to pass through.

I was wondering if I can add furniture but I need to find decor recipes that fit the ‘Theme’ of My Home.

That’s already added to my never-ending list. For now, let’s focus...

Waving my hand in mid-air accessing the crafting panel, I simply slide to the blacksmithing branch and tap on the ‘Auto Mode’ then...

*PING*

Appearing before me is a panel displaying all of the recipes I have learned in Blacksmithing.

(“Haha...”)

I only have iron-based weapons, tools, and armour recipes. So, I better ‘Experiment’ on discovering them using other materials.

Let’s see here...

I raise my hand to display the option panel for me to change the mode from ‘Auto’ to ‘Free’ and press confirm.

Soon after, a silhouette of a blacksmithing workshop appeared in the temple. Thankfully, the pedestal holding Astral Orb with many ‘Wheels’ orbiting it like an armillary sphere is too far away for the newly spawned workshop to hit it.

(“Well, I know it is merely an illusion just like what happened when I spawned the Alchemy Lab in Adventurer’s Guild. Still, it’s a bit annoying to see them clipped...”)

Okay...

Let’s see here...

Straight away, an anvil and a kiln with bellows attached to fan the flames. There are sets of tools to be used for forging sitting nicely to the side.

Hmmmmm...

First thing first.

“[Star Fragment]”

Crystalline shards appeared around me as I stared at them for a bit and ‘mean’ it in my mind.

(“[Create: Mithril Ore]”)

*PLOP* *THUD* *THUD* *THUD*

9 glimmering silvery chunks of ores appeared and fell to the ground as I picked them up.

Dismissing those [Star Fragment], I recreated them and tried to spam [Create (Small)]. Hoping it works.

...

...

...

Hmmmm, it does not work. I see I see... I should’ve known it would be too good to be true. But hey! At least I know I can make more than just 3 small objects in one day with the help of [Star Fragment].

(“Hm... Based on the ‘Auto Mode’ guidelines I need to do these.”)

I stuffed them into the roaring kiln and increased its fire output by operating the bellows. While they were heating up, I took the chance to pick out the available framework resembling that of a knuckle duster.

...

Where?

...

Ah! That’s where I put it.

A small slot underneath the kiln that has the same shape as the framework. After slipping it right in, I can hear the sounds of flowing liquid filling the framework.

And...

Following the ‘Auto’ guidelines, I separated the cast and superheated metal using the provided tongs. Then plopping it on top of the anvil.

(“Okay... Next is to hit it using the hammer.”)

I do not question game logic. The devs made the crafting into some sort of simple arts and crafts mini-game like what happened with the Artisanship branch.

*CLANG* *CLANG* *CLANG*

Swinging the hammer with my measly strength is proven to be adequate as the superheated metal looks more and more similar to a knuckle duster.

Once it cooled, the item simply appeared on top of the anvil and a magical clean-up occurred as the tools rested again in their designated spot.

Picking the weapon, I got the notification regarding ‘Auto’ recipes for Mithril weaponry have been unlocked.

Glancing to the side, Gaia is in the dreamland with steady breaths as I continue on my craftsmanship.

By waving my hand in mid-air announcing the voice command of ‘System’. I navigated to the same crafting {Skill} accessing those branches and then leading towards Artisanship.

The next step would be embedding a gem. Allowing for an easier enchant, I need to purchase a ‘Polished’ version of a gem.

As usual, I searched the players’ market for a polished black gem and promptly found it. Including a search for an Elite monster core. I’m thinking of a Light element type of monster core.

So I put out a filter on ‘Elite Enemy’ and ‘Light’ in the monster core section as the list reconfigured itself displaying what I searched.

(“Hmmm... Seraphim Joanne Core, Herald of Light Core, Divine Justiciar Core, and many more.”)

There are a lot of options but overall they provide the same effect of expanding EP and Attuning the enchanted item into Light Element. I guess I’ll choose this one then!

I purchased Herald of Light Core as it is the most expensive one of all. I assume the higher level of elite creature allows for a higher Tier of {Spell}.

Let’s see!

The first thing to do is to open the Artisanship branch and embed the gem on the handle of these knuckle dusters.

Then...

Opening up the Enchanting branch, I laid down the Mithril Knuckle Duster on top of the workbench and steadily scrapped away Herald of Light Core grinding it to dust and then sprinkling it to the item until all of them is fully absorbed.

The displayed EP gauge shined in golden highlights showing that it worked as intended. Picking up the quill, I started the enchanting process...

--

Oooohhhhhhh...

What I assume was correct.

It turns out a higher level enemy's core provides capabilities to enchant higher Tier {Spell} especially Elites.

Because this Knuckle Duster can contain a Tier 7, a Tier 5, a Tier 3, and either Tier 2 or less.

[Grand Regeneration] a Tier 7 Priestly {Spell}, capable of restoring ‘Limb’ damage and constantly regenerating %HP. If I remember from the MeTube video of SoloBishop, this {Spell} coupled with items that massively increase healing received effect. One would be practically immortal except for being one-shotted.

[Divine Aid] a Tier 5 Priestly {Spell}. Summoning a miniature version of celestial beings that’s capable of simple healing, damage, or buffing. The upside of this {Spell} is that the summons cannot be damaged and follows the summoner’ around like a bot.

[Empower] a Tier 3 Priestly {Spell}. A simple buffing magic that increases the affected damage output.

The last one is not a Priestly {Spell} but rather from a mage. Aptly named [Elemental Enchant] a Tier 2 {Spell}, rather than learning a singular {Spell} like [Frost Enchant] or [Fire Enchant]. [Elemental Enchant] allows one to choose which element you want the weapon to be enchanted with. The downside is that you can only cast this {Spell} to yourself. So, enchanting it to an item is incredibly good!

As per usual, once that item is done. I renamed it to ‘Power Knuckles’ since the name would be stupendously long.

-System-

[Power Knuckles (Unique)]

Description: A Mithril fist weapon embedded with polished gems on its handle imbued with the essence of a divine being. Upon wearing it, the wearer will receive the [Empower] effect. They can cast [Grand Regeneration], [Divine Aid], and [Elemental Enchant] using the weapon’s EP.

Requirement: LV70 Monk, Knight, and Berserker

-System-

Aside from higher ATK and LV requirements given by materials used. This weapon seems to be nice for Siegfried to wear. I cannot wear it to test it out so I just going to keep it in my inventory.

In the meantime!

My lips curved upward in a mischievous manner as I am thinking of utilising those emblems. If I can access all parts of Astera’s Mages Tower, that means I can enter their restricted section.

Ohohohohohohoh~ what {Spell} would I learn?

Peppering Gaia and Oreo with kisses, surprisingly I didn’t feel sick when I made close contact with Oreo. I had a bad memory of snakes but somehow knowing they won’t hurt me makes me feel safe.

I asked them to guard this place while I’m going to go for a nice trip.

-Astera, The City of Magic-

Arriving at the entrance of the city, the guards greeted me with a bow of their own. That, along with citizens made me feel a bit weird even though I know it’s from the {Title}.

With a customer service smile of my own, I greeted them back. While moving towards the Mages Tower far in the corner of the City.

There...

Multiple spiralling towers in the distance reached the skies yet seemed to not touch it. Locked behind a massive gate and within a well-tended garden. A familiar sight to behold...

Entering the gate is as easy as walking in since I am in a Mage class.

If I remember the path... I believe it’s around here.

Through this garden with branching paths, there are signs to help players and NPCs alike navigate the gardens but during my exploration, I did encounter one that is way off from the guided path.

Here...?

Nope.

Here?

Not the way, I didn’t recognize it.

Or here...?

It looks familiar, I suppose it's the correct path.

12