Chapter 1 – The first dungeon
40 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Akumāo progressed on his way, he noticed that instead of two paths, this time his way was blocked into multiple paths, approximately seven, each with a crystal emitting a light different from the others. When Akumāo approached one of the seven crystals, his path was interrupted by what seemed like an invisible wall, preventing him from advancing towards any of these crystals.

"Why...?"

 Without warning, his body illuminated intensely before being suddenly transported into a library. The library was surrounded by books mostly centered on magic and various spells; it was vast, and the celestial being explored it without losing their neutral and dull gaze. There was no one but him and the huge amount of books. One book in particular caught his attention

a light brown book with an eye drawn on the cover with a ruby at its center. As he picked it from the shelf, it vanished into thin air. Akumāo looked around but found no trace of the book. That's when he saw a bright white butterfly flying towards him.

The butterfly settled on one of the tables in the library and began speaking. "You can't immediately proceed on your way. First, you must resolve the library's story." Akumāo responded, "Resolve the story, you say? Well, how should I do that?"

"It's simple. You must pass through the dungeon and fight the monsters that inhabit it."

"Dungeon?" As he said this, a mysterious portal opened in front of the two; nothing could be seen from the outside. The butterfly continued, "Yes, each possibility of the crystals has a story that must be resolved to continue the journey. Do you think you can do it, adventurer?" 

Akumāo smiled, "So be it." The creature stepped into the portal, and as usual, his sight was filled with a bright light. When his vision cleared, he found himself in a landscape completely enveloped by nature, with various natural elements like flowers and trees.

While Akumāo admired the fantastic scenery, he saw a green slime approaching. "If these are the enemies the butterfly mentioned, it'll be too easy." However, the slime began to transform. "What's it doing?" When the transformation finished, it had turned into a creature far beyond its previous form; it had taken the shape of a dragon, probably acquiring its abilities too.

"Oh, I see, it used the magical technique of 'shape-shifting.' Essentially, it allows you to change shape into creatures you know or have seen." However, Akumāo wasn't intimidated by the size of the slime-dragon and created an ice-inclined elemental sword, representing the current state of his heart. He approached the slime slowly, then... 

*slash!*

In one strike, the slime  was completely obliterated, or at least the slime-dragon, because after the explosion from the impact, the magical slime split into many smaller slimes. But even here, Akumāo encountered no problems; with a glance, he caused all of them to catch fire and vanish in defeat. "Well, that was the first one." The boy continued his path in this dungeon full of magical creatures, encountering more slimes and defeating them all, along with other creatures.

"What's this?" He faced a wolf with a sort of mechanical back that seemed harmless at first. However, as Akumāo approached, the wolf's back revealed actual weapons powered by magic. "What on earth?!" The wolf fired its weapons, shooting magical energy shots at Akumāo, who swiftly deflected them using the still active sword. "It was just a moment of distraction..." He then countered with another attack, taking it down in one fell swoop.

"If this is the level of strength of the creatures, solving this story will be a walk in the park." As he continued wandering through the valley, Akumāo's stride was interrupted by a sudden presence, as if something or someone around him was drawing him in. With his eyes, he spotted a strange purple aura emanating from a nearby forest.

"What could it be?" The celestial being ventured into the forest where, upon entry, a strong wind swept around him. In that forest, besides immense silence that seemed never-ending and devoid of any magical creature, Akumāo encountered only one presence

a girl who seemed to be no older than twenty-four, with silver eyes, blonde hair, dressed in a purple outfit resembling that of a witch. She was of average height, slightly shorter than Akumāo. The young woman had a smile fixed on her face, looking in the same direction as Akumāo, as if she had been waiting for him for some time.

"My greetings, Akumāo," said the girl with a voice devoid of any malice. Akumāo looked her up and down, then replied, "Who are you? A girl with an ordinary appearance in a place like this. Are you also a celestial being?"

He asked with a cold gaze but not necessarily uninterested in the matter. The girl, in response, chuckled without averting her gaze. "I can sense you have many questions for me, although there's no rush as not all the answers will be immediately clear and exhaustive."

Akumāo was now slightly more interested in what the young woman had to say. 

"You see, as you've probably come to understand, to proceed in an alternative possibility of the world, you must first resolve the stories behind them. However, don't think that the dungeons are randomly made; each of these dungeons is created based on the origin behind every possibility. There's a cause and an effect..."

At that point, Akumāo was listening attentively to her words.

"...the origin you're experiencing in your journey has its own precise mechanism; you fight progressively. If initially none of the creatures you've encountered seemed challenging to you, the further you go, the more complications will arise in your path, like a period of peace that slowly unravels towards ruin. If you haven't understood much, it will all be clearer to you soon."

Akumāo looked around, the previous wind still present, then wanted to ask her a question, but just as he was about to speak, the girl chuckled again, and a magical effect activated: the forest around him rapidly began to vanish, as if it had been an illusion; he was back in the magical valley amidst the magical creatures, and the forest that was there a few seconds ago had completely vanished into nothingness along with the witch.

"Was it an illusion?" he asked himself. After a while, he resumed his journey, now aware that behind the possibilities of the world lay a far deeper meaning than he had thought, along with several unresolved questions, it seemed.

0