Chapter 027: Robin Who Fell Into the Abyss
147 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Longinus is well aware that the marines and pirates, in some ways, are not fundamentally different.

Among the pirates, strength is always the first place. It is just a weakness in the eyes of the wolves, no matter how much influence and wealth you have.

As for the Marine, let's take a look at the path of the original story of the world. Fujitora and Ryokugyu had no merits and overpowered the two alternate admirals, Momousagi and Chaton, and were directly promoted to Admiral, which is the best proof of strength over everything.

And in addition to strength, their own faction power is the most vital link.

It is clear to all pirates that one person alone can not become the Pirate King, so even those who are as strong as the Yonkō (Four Emperors) in the future are also constantly recruiting in the New World.

Similar to the Ōka Shichibukai (Seven Warlords of the Sea) in the future, Hawk-Eye is perhaps the strongest of the Shichibukai (Seven Warlords) but, at the same time, is the least feared one.

It is because, even if they really offend him, if they hide for a while in the sea, Hawk-Eye, which does not have its own forces, can hardly find each other.

The same is true in the Marine, the reason why no one chooses that person in the fight for the position of Fleet Admiral. Not only is Kizaru not really interested in this, but also because he does not have any faction support in the Marine.

Therefore, Longinus, who has hidden ambitions, has been working on creating his own G-2 faction since two years ago.

He has never even given up the idea of going to the headquarters' boot camp. Besides hoping to receive systematic instruction, he also wants to build up his power in that camp subtly.

Longinus, who has memories of otherworldly souls, is naturally clear about the future of those members of the boot camp that will help him, just as Chiang Kai-shek's personal fortune was the Whampoa Military Academy.

…...............…

 

Longinus, who continued to play his own shining image, did not stay too long and soon went along with the information he had learned, heading for the center of the pirates' meeting.

Although he knew in all probability that the little girl who had escaped was the future intellectual lady Robin, Longinus had no plans to search for her on purpose.

After all, as a Marine 'Hero', he could not make the idiotic move of hiding a World Government criminal, which is similar to an open and honest defection.

As for capturing Robin for the World Government, Longinus also did not have that kind of boring idea. For one thing, who knows whether those ruthless Cipher Pol will kill, and on the other hand, are not willing to offend Aokiji, who feels guilty because of his friend's death.

So, perhaps the best outcome is to pretend not to know anything!

The place where they hid the slaves was the backstage of the food festival venue. Felix thought that this crowded place would be more suitable for trading, but it is a pity that he overlooked the point that it would also be more difficult to find the items of trade after they had escaped.

At the moment, the pirates who were pacing back and forth were a little anxious. They were all very clear about the captain's regard for that little girl.

Other than her great price, it is more of a source for their captain to hook up with those people who are real big shots, for which their captain even went to the extent of bringing most of his battle force to fight with other large pirates in a firefight.

All of them would have to go to the gallows if they couldn't find the fleeing slaves before their captain returned.

"Damned scumbags! It's been so long and you still haven't found it?"

"Captain Kinu, we've searched this venue to the bottom, but we still haven't found any trace of that little brat! I heard that the brat is especially good at hiding and escaping, and she ate the captain's Devil Fruit before, I suspect...... she has escaped!"

"Idiot, useless, our men have long closed all the entrances, that brat only just ate the Devil Fruit, do you really think she will have much stamina to activate her ability?" The man dressed in black who led the group sternly rebuked.

"Moreover, you also said she is very good at hiding and escaping, since all other places have been searched, maybe...... she is hiding under our noses right now!"

"Captain Kinu, this...... is unlikely, isn't it, that the little brat has such guts?"

"Humph! Even if she dares to steal the captain's Devil Fruit, do you think she has the guts? Quickly find it for me, search the area inside and out!"

Hina, who was secretly watching, asked in a whisper: "Big brother Longinus, do you think that little beggar really dares to come back here?"

Longinus also had a strange look on his face, in his powerful sense of Kenbunshoku Haki (Color of Observation Haki), that tiny body Robin simply did not hide. What is this? How does it work?

"Not only is she back here, but...... is making a crazy move!"

"A crazy move?" The clever Hina quickly comprehended, covering her small mouth in shock, "She wants to free the other slaves?"

Longinus nodded. Robin seems to have been wanted for not too long, and there is still a lot of kindness left in her heart for humanity.

It is a pity that she does not know that even if 99% of the people in this world are good, they cannot resist the darkness of the one percent!

"Somebody help! Come on, someone! That thief has escaped back!" A sharp scream woke up the pirates quickly, and before they could clarify their thoughts, they hurriedly grabbed their weapons and blocked the doorway where the slaves were being held.

"Is...... this......" Hina looked at Longinus in disbelief, unable to believe her ears.

"There is never a shortage of idiots in this world, and there are even more idiots who want to harm others even at the expense of them." Longinus gently nodded his head to affirm her suspicions.

Outside the temporary cage where they held the slaves, Robin's face was pale as she listened to the commotion of the outside world and appeared to be a bit overwhelmed, she was only eight years old again, and the nightmarish experience six months ago had left her mentally exhausted. The betrayal and deception she had experienced recently left her on the verge of collapse.

She returned to the place hoping to save the others because she knew her escape would make those poor people suffer the wrath of the pirates.

Her kindness is now torn to shreds, gradually sinking into the abyss, and she stands alone, her thin body looking helpless, and she's not even going to question the person who exposed her as to why this is happening.

The other slaves in the cage tumbled as well and stared at the man who had spoken out before with a hateful look.

It was a little boy who looked not much older than Robin.

"Why are you doing this? Are you crazy?" The slave in the cage questioned like a madman.

"You can't escape, you'll definitely be killed if you're caught!"

"It's your business if you don't want to escape, so why destroy our hope of escape?"

The little boy's face, which should have been innocent, actually appeared with a twist of malice, "No, why can you run away, it's not fair, you all have to stay with me!"

The other slaves were also stunned by this odd logic, and it took them a long time to return to their senses, "You little son of a bitch, it was you who didn't want to escape......"

"I don't care since I don't dare to escape, you guys don't try to escape either!" After listening to the gradually agitated reaction from the outside world, the little boy seemed to find his strength. He responded toughly, "You'd better all shut up, and if you dare to curse me one more time, be careful that I'll report to those pirate lords that you're in cahoots with that thief!"

"Who are you to say she is a thief, Robin who is trying to save us......"

"She's a selfish, greedy thief, and it's because of her that we're in fear. And, if she really wanted to save us, why didn't she give us that magical power as well."

The little boy looked at Robin with jealous and resentful eyes, "If...... if I also had her power, I would not fear to run away, and now it is all her fault!"

4