Into the Mesozoic Ocean
22 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jack's POV

Sometimes I just wish I could go out and be one of those adventurers, they get to have tons of fun, and they get paid for it. My boss won't let me relax just because he doesn't want his daughter to work too much, damn rich people and all their spoiled kids, she doesn't even know anything other than how to be a pretty face to attract customers.

"Jack, Get back to work, I don't pay you to stand around" said Mr. Jervis, 

"Alright, Alright, fine" I said, "time for another day at this horrible job" muttered Jack

Later...

Ding!

"huh, what could that be at this time of day?" 

I walk over and grab my phone, it reads, "Hello Jack Forgeron we have seen your application form to join the M.A.A (Mesozoic Adventurers Association) and have decided to offer you a spot at the next adventure into the underground world and test whether you have the qualifications to continue, please head to ####### at 2:00pm on Saturday, Thank you"

I am so excited! I have been waiting for this for quite a while! Maybe I can finally get out of that rotten restaurant!

I decided to go for a jog and get some exercise in so I can get used to it because I may need to get stronger in a few days to keep up with other adventurers and get out of tight spots. Maybe I can find a rare plant and get rich off of it!

-Saturday

I was in the waiting room, I looked around and only saw around 5 other people and thought " I guess I got lucky" but before I could finish that thought  I heard the announcement, "Now that all participants have arrived we will now have you enter the door on the far side of the room it is wear the submarine that will take you to where we are going is located please put on the safety gear we have provided, thank you"

Everyone started to get up and leave including me. The size of the submarine amazed me, I knew that the place we were going to was dangerous but I didn't expect the submarine to be so large. It was about 40 school buses long.

(A/N: for those of you who aren't American that is about 340 meters)

There were heavy weapons on the walls and some of them seemed to be made of some black metal, but I snapped out of my daze and continued on to the submarine where we were told to wait for further instructions. I asked the person next to me if he knew anything.

"This is the second time I have come here, usually they don't check you just for strength but also what you would do in a stressful situation like if you were caught in a vine trap, I failed last time because I let my guard down and because I didn't think calmly within my situation, anyways, my name is Jorge, Jorge Pensait, nice to meetcha" the man I now know as Jorge said

********

Later when we managed to reach our destination it was amazing, I knew they had built a lab area to safely house some things down in the Meso but I didn't know it would be so large! 

BEEP! The speaker started.

"Please follow your guide to equip the necessary gear and leave to explore the Static forest"

I wonder why it is called a static forest? maybe it just has a lot of storms? That wouldn't work. We are technically underground, the only water is on the floor so we have no weather. We got to pick what weapons we would be using but the only options were different guns and knives. 

"Uhmm, hey Jorge? Do you know which guns are semi auto or fully automatic? I am not very good at aiming so I am hoping I can just fire and run."

"Yeah, they're over there I think, but I recommend the rifles, nothing we have discovered so far is very lethal in the place we are going so you can probably just look around and hunt for monsters, an auto is just gonna attract unwanted attention." He explained

No One's POV

Once everyone was ready to go they started heading into the trees to gather some plant samples that can be studied at the labs, eventually Jack and Jorge managed to find the plant they were looking for,cadeau du roi, a plant named for its crown-like shape and nutritional properties.

Jack- “Hey Jorge! Look at what I found!”

Jorge- “Oh, one of those crown plants, they aren't super rare but they are like energy bars but better, make sure to cook it though, I tried to eat one once, turns out they are horrible when they are raw”

Jack- “I question why you would eat a random plant in some mystical forest that you have no idea about. Who would do that? I mean besides you and kids.”

Jorge-”HEY!”

Jack- “Go HEY yourself!”

They decided to stop talking for a while and picked up the plant making sure to put it in a pot so they could preserve it and take it back alive. Eventually they came across a fruit tree that seemed a little off to them.

Jack's POV

We saw a weird looking fruit, for some reason it looked like it was made of metal, and i don’t mean it was shiny I, I mean it actually seemed to be made of metal, Jorge and I decided to cut it open and take some of its seeds and the flesh for samples, I for some reason which I hope I won't regret decided to bite a piece of it off and boy oh boy did it taste good.

 

“Hey, Jorge, this actually tastes pretty good!” I Excitedly yelled

“Damn it! Jack! Why did you eat it, it could be poisonous, you literally reprimanded me for that earlier”

“I don’t know, I wanted to taste it, it is pretty good, I feel kind of weird though” I said as I looked at my now glowing body.

“Jack! NO!”

 

End of chapter 1

This is my first time writing a story, how do you guys like it? I am sorry for those who came from a comment section where I said I would batch release this but I don't think I have the time to do that as school started recently and while I do have some ideas on how this story while go there are things that I don't really come up with until days after but do not have the time to fix, I am truly sorry but I hope you like this chapter, updates will be inconsistent but I will be post at least once or twice every month maybe more

1