Scarred Honour (2)
721 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After grabbing his sword and fastening it tightly around his waist he left towards Gray's room.

{I'll lure him out and execute him close to the border. I'm sure the demons will find his corpse and take care of it,} he thought to himself as he entered the officers' barracks.

"Where's the vampire's room?" he asked one of the officers that were on cleaning duty.

"You're looking for the vampire? He and his thrall left after speaking to the captain," replied the officer before carrying on with his duty.

{This will prove problematic,} he thought to himself as he sped of towards Ailre's office.

*Knock* *Knock*

"I'm busy, come back later," replied Ailre, his voice sounding hazy, as if he were moving around at a fast pace.

"Aperta." Gazef chanted, and within a few moments Ailre's door opened.

"Magic? You know tha- ah Gazef, it's you," Ailre said, only looking at him for a brief moment before carrying on with what he was doing.

"Ailre, what are you- are you traveling somewhere?" he asked, noticing the bag that Ailre was dumping items into.

"I'm going to the capital," Ailre replied quickly, currently dumping a stack of documents into his travel sack.

"But why?" Gazef asked, moving closer to inspect what was in the bag. Most of it were documents pertaining to the demon attacks, some of them were written in Ailre's own handwriting, and it was one of those that Gazef fished out of the bag.

"Ailre..." he whispered in shock. It was a written document describing how the queen had sold off their kingdom. It was... treason.

"Ailre, they'll have your head for this. What do you think you're doing," Gazef said, walking to stand in between Ailre and his bag. The difference in their statures was remarkable. One was a tall man, built like an ox, the other was aged, with his skin so thin you could see every fiber of his muscles.

"I'm reporting this to the prince before the queen finds out what we know," he replied quickly, before moving past Gazef.

"You won't make it to the prince... you might not even make it to the capital. Forget this nonsense, go into hiding, one of the unregulated villages will do. Stay there unti-"

"Gazef, what are you talking about?" Ailre's voice was serious, and for the first time since Gazef entered the room, he stopped to inspect him properly.

"Why are you carrying your sword around? Are you going out?" he asked, noticing the black blade that Gazef had at his waist.

"Ahem... I was going to train... but forget that now. What do you plan on doing if you π˜₯𝘰 reach the prince? Do you think he would just believe that his sister is plotting to sell the kingdom? You need to think this through Ailre," he said, gripping his sword tightly.

"I'll show him the demon. I plan on taking it with me," Ailre replied, stuffing the last of his things into his traveling sack before picking it up.

"So what? Mordesh's Yggdrasil is branded on the demon beasts. What's to link that to the queen?" Gazef asked, walking after Ailre as he stormed out of the room.

"Then I'll warn him about Mordesh, if he won't believe me about the queen then that's okay. He'll find that out on his own after I report this," Ailre replied, walking with large strides towards the gates.

"Damnit Ailre, stop being an ox. Use your head, you'll be killed whether or not he believes you." Ailre didn't respond, silence befell the two until they reached the gates where a horse and a carriage with a tarp covering its contents were waiting for Ailre.

"I'm going too, get me a horse," he said to one of the officers.

"Stay behind Gazef, someone needs to take care of the camp while I'm gone," Ailre said as he fixed his traveling sack onto his horse.

"Someone needs to make sure you don't get yourself killed," Gazef shot back before gripping his blade in thought.

"Thank you... brother," Ailre replied mounting his horse.

The officer arrived a few moments later with a black horse, handing over the reins to Gazef.

{What am I gonna do about the vampire? He might reach his higher-ups before I'm done with this," he thought to himself.

"Gazef?"

"Where did the vampire go?" Gazef replied, mounting the horse as he waited for a response.

"I saw him take the path towards Glistern, so perhaps he's going to the embassy?" replied one of the officers on duty at the gates.

{The embassy? That was in Glistern, wasn't it? Why didn't he just cross the border and go to his country?} Gazef wondered, however, he wasn't one to spit on a gift. It would be easier to hunt him down in an elven town than trying to chase him across the border.

"Gazef? Let's get going. I want to make it to Amstel before sundown," Ailre said before gesturing for his horse to gallop forward.

"Yes, yes," he replied, before doing the same.

The two of them soon reached the crossroads. One road lead to the capital, while the other led to Glistern. Gazef stopped there for a moment, staring down the road that led to Glistern, before staring at his brother.

"Gazef? Is something the matter? You don't have to follow me if you don't want to. I don't plan on dying anyway. I was once a general, or have you forgotten? Only a handful of people in this kingdom can kill me," Ailre said proudly, turning his horse around to look at his brother.

{A handful? Brother, you've truly been kept in the dark,} Gazef thought to himself before moving his horse down the path towards his brother.

"I was just thinking about the road ahead... the treacherous path we'll have to walk... the path I'll have to walk," he said, whispering the last few lines so that Ailre couldn't hear him.

"Night lord grant me thee power, divide my talents, create a mirror to do my bidding," Gazef chanted as he let Ailre create a bit of space in between them. A shadow trailed from Gazef's body and zipped its way towards the path to Glistern like a snake in the grass.

==============================================

[System Information]

[Gray Verlice Player Stats]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β‹…β˜Ύ Player Detailsβ˜½β‹…β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β€’
[Gray Verlice]

[Level 5: 90/100]

[Mana points: 500/500]

[Safe Blood meter: 100%]

β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β‹…β˜Ύ Stats β˜½β‹…β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β€’
[Agility: 15 {24}]

[Strength: 22 {35.2}]

[Stamina: 18 {27]

[Attack force: 4 {6.4}]

[Karma: -100]

β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β‹…β˜Ύ Abilitiesβ˜½β‹…β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β€’
[He who pleasures death lvl.1 {2/3}: 0/100]

Β [Blood weapons lvl.1: 1/5]

[Hisashi Miyamoto Summon lvl.3: 0/10]

β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β‹…β˜Ύ Raceβ˜½β‹…β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β€’
[Demon Specter Hybrid]

[Demon Rank: Servus]

[Specter Rank: Progenitor]

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

================================================

Join the Discord: https://discord.gg/V64Xmqr2gh

12