Chapter 5 – Lord Belfar
3.6k 19 134
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Telling Father Leo what he wanted to hear was a mistake. Somehow, I had become entangled in an affair which far surpassed my knowledge of the world.

I needed to find a way out.

While Leo showed me the bedroom that had been accommodated for my stay, a messenger rushed through the door.

“Father Leo!,” He yelled.

The boy looked young, perhaps sixteen. Yet taller than me.

Leo seemed annoyed by the boy’s intrusion.

“What is it, son?”

“Lord Belfar demands you presence, his Demi-Human-”

Leo interrupted him cynically.

“That fool. I told him to stay away from that dungeon. Tell Father Gasper to attend to him.”

“That will not do. Belfar just chased him out at the hilt of his sword. He demands that you do the healing. Potions are no longer effective on the wound.”

Father Leo sighted. “Martin, you keep our guest entertained.”

The boy nodded, and Leo left the room.

Whatever reason he had to keep me from leaving the room, I did not know. But there was nothing more scary than being useful to a man who’s intentions you do not know.

No matter how hard I thought about it, I had no idea how my ability to speak benefitted Leo or the church in any way.

However, I could think hundreds of ways as to why I would be extremely valuable to an adventurer.

Lord Belfar had his own Demi-Humans. Did that meant he was an adventurer? Or did he use them as sex-slaves?

It was a gamble I was willing to pay. But there was one obstacle on the door…

Martin looked at me with his kind blue eyes. He was sixteen? How long had he been at the church? If he was ordained… I doubt he has ever been with a woman before.

He adverted his gaze after we made eye contact.

“Martin, have you ever kissed a woman?” I asked.

Martin’s cheeks blushed a cherry red.

“I am sorry sister, but those topics are not for me to have,” He responded, attempting to remain calm by being polite.

“Well, I am going to take my clothes off. I like sleeping naked, so you better not watch, until I dip underneath the blankets,” I said. “Or who knows, maybe I’ll let you watch.”

When I took my sandals off. Martin quickly turned around towards the door and buried his face in his hands.

“J-just tell me when you are done, sister.” He uttered.

While he was distracted, I removed the cover from one of the pillows, slipped back into my sandals and then placed the cover over Martin’s head. Shoving him onto the wooden floor.

He was completely blindsided by this. I took a run for it and escaped into the dark hallway, where I could hear the screams of a woman coming from the right.

I entered the room where the screams came from. There, on the makeshift operation table, I saw it. Father Leo was performing a healing spell on a cat-girl who’s legs were covered in blood.

The green aura that glowed out of Leo’s hands was magnified by his rings. Which apparently were just not for decoration.

Neither Leo nor the cat-girl saw me enter the room. But Lord Belfar, who just happened to be facing the door, looked at me - fully startled.

“Are those horns?” He asked.

His voice did not betray his look. He was a young man. No older than twenty, but much older than Martin. Deep violet eyes, messy black hair, lean shoulders.

Father Leo, for a second, forgot that he was in the middle of casting a spell. His eyes screamed bloody murder. Perhaps for once, his hair would become grayer than what already was.

Did he not want me to speak? Well, screw him.

“Indeed, and they are really strong. Trust me,” I said. There was no need to tell him that after a two meter fall, they did not break.

When I responded, Belfar blinked in shock. It seems he was asking Leo about the horns, not me.

“You speak!?” Belfar asked. Now with his gaze directly at me. No one seemed to be paying attention to the agonizing Demi-Human, other than me.

 

Thank you for reading this far <3

♥♥♥

Please give the chapter a like! and leave a cookie/melon on the comments for a surprise!

134