Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 294. They Need My Approval
83 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 294. They Need My Approval

"Mostly about the nobles' thoughts," Angel stated in a light tone, his voice carrying a hint of curiosity. “I want to know what they think about what I just said,” he elaborated, leaning back in his chair.

Cley nodded in understanding, his expression thoughtful. "You mean you want to know whether they agree or not?" he clarified, turning his attention to Angel.

“Something like that,” Angel affirmed with a nod. “Or rather, I want to know their honest thoughts. I know some of them are afraid of me, so spying on them is the best thing," he explained, his tone matter-of-fact.

At Angel's words, Claire chimed in with a knowing smile. "Told you," she remarked, her tone smug as she glanced at Cley. It seemed she had anticipated the king's motives all along.

Cley rolled his eyes playfully at his sister's comment, but inwardly, he couldn't help but marvel at the intricacies of palace politics. It was a constant dance of power and perception, and Angel seemed to navigate it with ease.

"Do they all agree?" Cley asked again, his curiosity piqued by Angel's explanation.

“They are all curious and wanted to know what happened. I let them find out what happened and what the effects of my decisions were. That would be better,” Angel elaborated, his tone calm and measured. He preferred transparency, even if it meant allowing the nobles to draw their own conclusions.

Suddenly, Claire interjected, her voice taking on a serious tone. "If... some of them are not interested in what you are doing and think that taking over the land is still the best decision, what will you do?" she asked, her question cutting through the air with unexpected gravity.

Cley turned to Claire, his brows furrowed in confusion. "What are you talking about?" he asked, trying to catch up with the conversation's sudden shift in tone.

“Taking the land will definitely encounter resistance from the owner and local residents. That means war and I won't allow my soldiers to interfere with that. Moreover, Asteria, even though it within my authority, I never claimed that Euphorion's nobles had the right to interfere with it," Angel explained succinctly, his words carrying a weight of authority.

"So you won't let them?" Claire concluded, her gaze fixed on Angel as she sought confirmation of her understanding.

Angel nodded, his expression resolute. "Yes," he affirmed. "My priority is to maintain peace and stability within the kingdom. If conflict can be avoided, then it should be," he stated firmly, his tone leaving no room for doubt.

Cley nodded slowly, processing Angel's words. It was clear that Angel's decision was driven by a desire to uphold the principles of justice and diplomacy, even in the face of potential opposition from within his own ranks. It was a reminder that there was always more beneath the surface in the royal court, and he was just scratching the surface of it all.

Claire's eyes softened with understanding as she absorbed Angel's explanation. It was a reminder of the king's commitment to the well-being of his people.

“After all, they need my approval to take over something," Angel stated firmly, his tone leaving no room for negotiation. He understood the importance of maintaining control over the territories under his rule, ensuring that any changes or transfers of ownership were carefully considered and authorized by him.

He also harbored intentions of implementing reforms in Asteria, aimed at rooting out corruption and inefficiency among the local nobility. However, he recognized that such endeavors required time and careful planning, resources that were currently allocated to other pressing matters.

In the event of appointing replacements, Angel contemplated selecting individuals from Euphorion who demonstrated competence and loyalty to serve as stewards of the territory. It was imperative to entrust such responsibilities to capable hands, ensuring the continued prosperity and stability of Asteria under his reign.

Angel observed the reactions of the nobles closely, recognizing that their responses provided valuable insight into their character and allegiance. Their willingness to cooperate and adapt to his directives would serve as a measure of their loyalty and suitability for positions of authority within his court.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

2