Where am i?
1.7k 19 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside what looked like a temple made of stone, a Young man currently sat on the ground, his back resting against a collapsed stone pillar, as he took deep bated breaths to calm his nerves.

 

He had black hair that was disheveled and gray eyes. He wore a black and gray hoodie along with black trousers. His clothes were in tatters and had several cuts and holes in them, revealing his wounds underneath.

 

He had a deep cut at his chest that began from his shoulder and almost reached his stomach, from which blood still gushed out at an adequate pace.

 

Other than that, he also had several cuts and bruises but none of them were as deep as the one on his chest.

 

Around him a several meters tall and thick serpent laid on the ground, motionless. It had tough blue scales that seemed to shine with a dull luster in the dark environment.

 

The tough blue scales near its head appeared to be crushed by brute force as bits and pieces of them littered the ground. Its mouth gaped, and its tongue protruded out lifelessly. It was obvious at first glance that it had breathed its last breath.

 

Two bright flashes of light appeared in the Young man’s eyes as his vision was occupied by a few text notifications.

 

[You have slain the Ruler of The Swamp, Blue Fanged Rasaka!]

 

[You have leveled up!]

 

[You have leveled up!]

 

A rejuvenating feeling enveloped the Young man and his wounds started to close at a visible pace.

 

In just a few moments, all his wounds disappeared including the deep and large cut on his chest. If not for his tattered clothes and dried blood, one would not be able to tell that this same Young man was in a perilous situation a few moments ago.

 

Without showing any surprise to his miraculous recovery, as if he was long used to it, he thought 

 My level had stagnated at 16 for a while but just defeating the boss monster gave me two levels. As expected of a boss monster’.

 

Sighing at the fact that it’d only get harder and harder as he grew, he rolled up to his feet.

“Status.”

[Status

——————

Name: Sung Jin-Woo

Level: 18

Job: None

Title: Wolf Slayer

HP: 2250

MP: 270

Fatigue: 0

——————

Strength: 48

Agility: 27

Sense: 27

Vitality: 27

Intelligence: 27

——————

Remaining points: 0]

 

Looking at the projection in front of him, Jin-Woo’s fists tightened unknowingly. Various thoughts and memories rushed through his mind at the same time.

 

The figure of his mother sleeping peacefully, the image of his sister telling him to quit being a hunter, the concern of his healer friend, faces of everyone looking down at him, the oppression he faced for being weak, the deaths of his companions, the betrayals he experienced by his teammates, the feeling of helplessness in front of true strength, the unbearable pain from having his leg chopped off, the apology he received for sacrificing himself and the dreadful smile on the face of the god statue all flashed past him.

 

Now, an opportunity had finally presented itself to him. Even he could get stronger—World’s Weakest Hunter.

 

His grip eventually softened after an unknown period of time as he cast his gaze at the corpse of the boss monster. There were two pillars of light silently rising from it.

 

With a hint of joy and relief on his face, he stretched his right hand towards the light.

 

[You have found “Rasaka’s Poisoned Fang”.

Would you like to acquire it?]

 

[You have found “Rasaka’s Venom Gland”.

Would you like to acquire it?]

 

“Acquire all”

 

As he spoke, a sharp-looking Dagger, as well as a pouch containing some substance, appeared on his hands.

[Rasaka’s Poisoned Fang

Rarity: C

Type: Dagger

Attack Power: +25

Effects:

*Paralysis: There is a chance of inflicting ‘Paralysis’ effect on the target. The target inflicted with the ‘Paralysis’ effect will become unable to move for a short period of time.

*Bleeding: There is a chance of inflicting ‘Bleeding’ effect on the target. The target inflicted with the ‘Bleeding’ effect will lose 1% health per second.

Description: A Dagger made of Rasaka’s poisoned fang. Can be equipped, stored, or sold.]

 

[Rasaka’s Venom Gland

Rarity: A

Type: Elixir

Effects:

*Buff: Physical Damage Reduction +20%

*Debuff: Weakened Muscles, Strength -35

Description: A pouch that contains the purified venom of Rasaka. Can be consumed, stored, or sold.]

 

Jin-Woo nodded slightly and began to read the windows.

 

‘The Dagger’s effects are really good. Moreover, its attack power is twice that of my old dagger. Since my Sword that I borrowed have broken, I will use it…As for the venom pouch, it is a bit awkward…The 20% damage reduction option is great but the negative effects are too much for me at my current level but it might come in handy later on…I will store it for now…’ 

 

Jin-Woo’s expression flickered back and forth between both joy and sorrow.

 

[The boss of the dungeon has been defeated. The dungeon interior will return to normal.]

 

With a rumble, the surroundings turned blurry as they eventually faded.

 

The darkness dispersed to show a clear blue sea stretching to the horizon. Ripples formed on the surface of the sea as violent waves surged. Dark clouds covered the sky, darkening the surroundings.

 

Behind him stood a small town. It seemed ordinary at first glance, but all the doors and windows were shut tight as if refusing any guests. The anxiety and uneasiness could be sensed in the air.

Amidst the soft sounds of wind blowing and the surging waves, Jin-Woo only had one thought.

 

‘Where am I...?

29