Chapter 2 – Get You Tomorrow
10 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Chapter 2 - Get You Tomorrow

The Emperor abruptly called off the celebration, and upon the nobles' return, he became quite irrational. Unable to maintain their composure to how ridiculously the King kept yelling, the boy—or should I say, His Highness the Prince—left the royal residence as the staff frantically attempted to tidy up the damage and soothe the King . 
 
The following day, there were mutters going around about how a foreign prince broke into the Palace right in front of the King . And he concealed up the gossip about my temerity in addressing the banquet.
 
"Princess!" shouted a maid. "The knights are here".
"Why"? I asked unbothered. I had a hunch they'd come after heeding my father's tempered orders. Because everyone believes I'm to blame for the misfortunes of this country. How unjustified.
"They say the King has ordered your Presence".
 
-In the Entrance Courtyard-
 
"I do not plan to heed to my father's will. If he desires to see me, relay to him, that I shall not foresee him until he foresees me foremost in my Palace". I remarked as I reverted back to my room. 
 
My mother had a longstanding connection with the Duchess of Valentine in her earlier stages of life, so my father had reason to believe that I was the one who brought the Prince. And not everyone knows about my Mother's connection with the Duchess except me and my father. However, it violates logic for Prince Cillian to suddenly materialize and murder both of these individuals. Furthermore, based on their dissimilar facial traits, the slain individuals were most obviously not Dominions. They are alleged to have had a sinister scheme.
One of my thousand theories is that they had something to relay to my father, since Elmir and Domino have been on unequal terms since generations. So probably they were plotting revenge against Elmir by leaking some information? 
 
-In the Helia Palace-
 
"UGH! That insolent creature. Who does she think she is to order ME, the KING OF DOMINO around like that? All she knows is to create problems every now and then!" the King bellowed with furiousness.
"What can we say? Afterall she's the daughter of that witch!" added the Queen. "If she doesn't want to come, we have no choice but to use force, Your Majesty."
"I did not ask for your opinion, Daleyza. Do not interfere in my correspondence with my daughter!" 
"Your DAUGHTER? Your ONLY daughter is Isabella!" 
 
"Guards, take her out of here, this INSTANT!" 
"What! You can't do that!!! 
 
*Guards dragging her out*
"Hey! Stop! Who the hell do you think you are to touch me!!!!!! YOUR MAJESTY YYyyyyyy.......
 
"Haaa....I don't have time. I am yet to find out the enigmatic motive behind the Prince's murderous actions last night". Affirmed the King.
 
-At Night in Luxana's Balcony-
 
 
"It's the night of the Full Moon, huh? Every year.....*tears falling* on 21st of August, you're always the only one who wishes me *smiling with tears rolling down her cheeks*.
As for my wish, I.......................I..........................I'd like to escape from this Hell."
 
"Alright, I'll grant you your wish. But of course, with a price to pay in return." says a voice from the garden below my balcony.
 
As I leaned forward to look down, he leaped up to the balcony. "Greetings, My Royal Princess" he said standing on the railing between my hands. I was taken aback by his sudden appearance and regal demeanor. His confident stance and charming smile left me speechless for a moment. 
 
"Prince of Valentine..." I whispered with superior eyes, gritting my teeth, while there were still tears falling down my cheek. "You may have caught me off guard, but I will not be swayed by your grand gestures," I declared, trying to maintain my composure despite the overwhelming emotions. Deep down, I couldn't deny the immense surge of bitterness within me. For that reason, there have been rumors that I was the one who brought the prince to the banquet.
 
"Oh, so you remember me. What a pleasure!" opined the Prince as his voice was smooth and full of amusement, making me realize that he was enjoying my discomfort. I knew then that this encounter had an ulterior motive.

"That does not justify your presence, sir." I exclaimed with eyes that would lash out any minute.
"But it does grant your wish, ma'am." he replied smiling like an innocent child, who ABSOLUTELY was not involved in the murder case less than 24 hours ago. What a charming impostor. Haa.... I for one, do not speculate how he managed to pull it off.
"..."
"What's in the Annex next to the Helia Palace''? he questioned with a straight face and skewed eyes filled with determination to find out. I suppose he heard the rumors of the secret meetings and clandestine activities taking place there, fueling his curiosity. The answer he received only deepened his intrigue, leaving him determined to uncover the truth behind the Annex's mysterious purpose.
"..."
"So, you won't answer"?
"..."
"Don't make me resort to violence, Princess. And besides I'm the only one who can save you from this hell. I suggest you start cooperating before things escalate further. Trust me, you don't want to see what I'm capable of. " 
"..." Who exactly does he think he is to decide who I'll be trusting and sowing out to escape this hell with? He's got quite the nerve. 
 
"Sigh. Happy 15th Birthday Princess, on this special occasion, would you grant me the honor of knowing who or what exactly resides in the Annex of Helia Palace, pretty please"? he said with a pleading voice. 
I smiled mischievously, with eyes twinkling with secrets. "I'm afraid I cannot reveal that information, Sir. The Annex of Helia Palace holds mysteries that are meant to be kept hidden." 
 
He smirked. 
"Very well then Princess, I believe you give me no choice." he said as he raised a Seraphine jeweled necklace as a threat. "Do you wish for this accessory to meet it's end right here and then"?

"WHAT? Where'd you find that"? I asked in pure astonishment. That necklace was my mother's only keepsake! 
 
"Fine, if you hand that over, I'll trade you the information you require in return."
"All of it." he added.
"Fine," I said unwillingly.
 
"There was a casino, which was the reason the nobility would congregate in the perplexing, abandoned annex. The King would be drinking in his hidden chamber, and behind him would be the old artifacts and jewels that were supposed to hold great power and fortune. This would be the case for those who were regular customers with great influence or held great power, or for those who won and made a lot of money in illegal activities down there. These gatherings were frequently used by the King to forge relationships and control his visitors for his personal benefit. The secretive nature of the underground casino was enhanced by rumors that the annex was haunted." I confessed arbitrarily. 
"Good Girl". He exclaimed as he threw the necklace towards me.
 
"I will come to get you tomorrow, please wait for me." he hinted, smiling softly as he leaped out of the balcony. As I rushed to see where he's off to, but he disappeared within a second.
 
"Get me tomorrow"? How intriguingly odd…

To be Continued... 
2