Chapter 19 – Things falling like rain
29 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The battle between the Brutal Beast and the Magical Girls was a process of ebb and flow. When the two Magical Girls exhausted a large amount of their stamina and magic power due to low-level coordination mistakes, the Brutal Beast, having gained a moment to catch its breath, gradually gained the upper hand.

The Melting Cavity-type Brutal Beast's slimy exterior and amorphous body granted it a strong regenerative ability, allowing it to slowly recover even while under attack. Thus, although this Brutal Beast had been on the defensive, it had not sustained any fatal injuries.

As the Magical Girls' suppressive firepower became less intense, the Brutal Beast, having preserved its combat strength, began its counterattack.

The sign of this shift was when Lin Xiaolu, who had been maneuvering around the Brutal Beast, suddenly felt the range of its ground-slamming attacks increase. She found it increasingly difficult to dodge its attacks.

Raising her head to take a closer look, she discovered that the Brutal Beast had covered its claws with a large amount of slime, increasing the contact area of its slams. This meant that even if she wasn't hit directly by the claws, she would still get stuck if the slime touched her.

Moreover, with the Brutal Beast's frequent ground attacks, the slime quickly soaked the ground around it, allowing it to move faster. Its massive body began to exhibit unusual agility, making it hard for Xia Liang, who was providing long-range fire support from the air, to hit the target.

If they had enough magic power, Lin Xiaolu and Xia Liang could have freely expended their magic to speed up and keep pace with the Brutal Beast's movements. But in the current situation, wasting magic power without achieving a quick victory would only make the battle more disadvantageous.

Thus, the two Magical Girls, who had been fighting independently, had to start considering a plan to cooperate.

"Hey, you over there!"

While dodging the Brutal Beast's slams, Lin Xiaolu shouted to Xia Liang in the sky, "Do you still have enough magic power?"

"Magic power?"

Casually firing another magic beam that splashed on the Brutal Beast's head, Xia Liang looked puzzled, "I do, but what's your plan, Little Lu?"

"Don't call me that! We're not that close!"

Running along the Brutal Beast's claw stuck in the asphalt, Lin Xiaolu also returned to mid-air, "If you have magic power, I'll lure it into exposing a weakness, and you take the chance to hit it with everything you've got."

"You want me to attack?"

Xia Liang blinked and then smiled knowingly, "Ah, so you're out of magic power to attack?"

"You're so annoying!"

Lin Xiaolu retorted angrily but didn't deny it. Although she disliked Xia Liang, she knew the importance of the situation. She then changed direction and flew outside the range of the Brutal Beast's slams.

The Melting Cavity-type Brutal Beast had strong self-healing abilities but wasn't without weaknesses. Its common weak points were the mouth and the abdomen. Since this type of Brutal Beast usually stayed in a prone position, attacking the abdomen was difficult, making the mouth the most viable target.

To lure it into exposing this weakness, the most direct method was to make it use its Melting Cavity to attack.

Once it used the Melting Cavity, due to its location, it would have to lift its head and open its mouth, stopping its movement.

With this strategy in mind, Lin Xiaolu and Xia Liang conserved their magic power, reduced their attack frequency, and induced the Brutal Beast to attack more.

This strategy quickly proved effective. As the Brutal Beast realized it wasn't taking much damage, its attack frequency increased, and its defense became more careless.

When it finally abandoned its defense entirely, Lin Xiaolu deliberately exposed a flaw, prompting it to use its Melting Cavity.

Raising its head high, the Brutal Beast's chest cavity contracted, like a powerful pump, channeling bodily fluids mixed with a large amount of magic power to the nozzle under its jaw.

"Groooaaaarrr!"

With a furious roar, several large liquid projectiles shot out from under its jaw.

Boom! Boom! Boom!

Lin Xiaolu kept running close to the ground, dodging the water cannons that landed behind her, creating huge craters on the road and sidewalk.

She turned her head and shouted to Xia Liang in the air:

"Now! Shoot the magic beam into its mouth!"

"Got it! Hmm... but it feels a bit hard to control?"

Already in position, Xia Liang raised her magic wand high. The magic power she gathered, far exceeding that of an ordinary Magical Girl, formed an extremely unstable light orb in front of her, "Anyway, let's give it a try."

Timing her attack with the Brutal Beast's water cannon barrage, she lowered her wand and, as the Brutal Beast's mouth was still wide open after its attack, aimed and fired the magic beam.

The speed of the purple magic beam was incredibly fast, reaching the Brutal Beast before it could react and hitting it heavily.

However, it was only when the magic beam hit that they realized the aim was slightly off.

Their original plan was to hit the Brutal Beast's mouth directly, causing irreversible damage to its internal organs.

But after the hit, they realized that Xia Liang's nearly all-out magic attack didn't hit the intended spot.

"Ah, it seems like I missed?"

Looking at her wand, Xia Liang smiled sheepishly.

It missed, but it didn't.

This was Cui Que's judgment from the side.

Because the magic beam hit near the Brutal Beast's Melting Cavity.

The Melting Cavity had thick, tumor-like flesh and continuously secreted slime for protection, so it wasn't a weak point.

But the magic beam hit an unusual spot, not the exterior of the Melting Cavity but the nozzle.

The nozzle of the Melting Cavity, being a small target, was hard to hit, so it wasn't considered a conventional weak point. But it was actually the most fragile part of its body.

So it died.

The intense magic flow backfired through the nozzle under the Brutal Beast's jaw. The purple magic beam emitted a blinding light, piercing through its body completely.

The Brutal Beast didn't even have time to react before the magic beam destroyed all its internal tissues, killing it instantly.

Undoubtedly, although it missed the original target, the effect was still critical.

Standing aside, Cui Que thought so.

Even if there was a bit of an accident, they ultimately defeated the Brutal Beast, so missing the target could be understood... right?

Her thoughts suddenly halted.

As the magic completely penetrated the Brutal Beast's Melting Cavity, she suddenly remembered something:

The liquid in the Melting Cavity was usually compressed inside by the cavity's physiological activity and the Brutal Beast's magic. So, if the Brutal Beast died and the Melting Cavity was damaged, losing its original function, what would happen next?

Her pupils gradually contracted, and an uncontrollable look of disgust appeared on her face. Cui Que immediately shouted to the two Magical Girls in the air:

"Idiots, get away quickly!"

With that, she didn't hesitate, her magic scattering as she leaped back dozens of meters in an instant.

But the two Magical Girls near the Brutal Beast weren't so lucky.

Xia Liang had just expended a large amount of magic to fire the magic beam and hadn't regained her rhythm; Lin Xiaolu had been running close to the ground and didn't understand what Cui Que was saying or the current situation.

So, the next moment, the Brutal Beast, pierced by Xia Liang's magic beam, exploded.

Literally exploded, its entire body bursting like fireworks.

Following that, the foul-smelling slime, compressed and stored inside it, sprayed into the air and fell like a downpour.

This slime wasn't inherently harmful and only formed an effective attack when compressed and fired by the Brutal Beast. So, even if it fell on a person, it wouldn't cause harm.

The only problem was that this slime, being a mixture of undigested biological tissues and the Brutal Beast's bodily fluids, had one characteristic: it was extremely smelly.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh—"

Under the midday sun, the foul-smelling slime splashed onto the two Magical Girls, eliciting a chorus of miserable screams.

1