12. Fetch a Live One
105 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xu Ming frowned, "Still discussing Chu Xuan? After these past few months without sufficient cultivation resources, he's probably still at the fourth level of Qi Refining. How could someone at that level instantly kill a seventh-level cultivator?"

Chen Ge couldn't help but interject, "But remember, Senior Brother Chu traded thirty blood beads with us; perhaps his strength has advanced?"

Xu Ming's face showed impatience.

Liu Zhenxiong chuckled, "Chu Xuan, who has been consistently ranked tenth among the inner sect? I recall him. Although his talent is ordinary, his strength is formidable—a promising seed indeed." However, even if he's reached the fifth level of Qi Refining now, facing three opponents of similar realms would still pose a great challenge, let alone one at the seventh level."

Chen Ge was momentarily at a loss for words.

Liu Zhenxiong pondered for a moment, then added, "The top ten disciples of our Infinite Sect's inner sect were all captured; it couldn't have been one of the Infinite Sect's cultivators. Perhaps it was a passing rogue cultivator who lent you a hand."

Liu Zhenxiong casually remarked, "No need to dwell on this further, let's return to the Wu family."

Xu Ming and the others were startled, "Return?"

Liu Zhenxiong smiled slightly, "They've turned the Wu family estate upside down, discovering that the Wu family's ancestor was under my influence, which is why we were hidden there. In reality, that Foundation Establishment stage cultivator from the Wu family is one of our own. Now, the Wu family estate is truly a safe haven!"

...

Five days later.

In the cave, Chu Xuan slowly opened his eyes, showing a hint of joy. Over the past few days, he had been absorbing blood beads daily to operate the Blood Spirit Technique. The blood beads he had purified using the Blood Transformation Technique on that apocalyptic planet were now exhausted. His cultivation had made significant progress. He was already at the pinnacle of the sixth level of Qi Refining, just a step away from the seventh level. The seventh level of Qi Refining was considered the late stage of Qi Refining.

He checked the Blood Mirror; it was fully charged.

"The time is right, it's time to return."

Chu Xuan immersed his thoughts into the Blood Mirror, connecting to the apocalyptic planet. Instantly, the world spun around him.

When his vision cleared, he was astonished to find himself standing in a shopping mall. However, he could hardly believe how the Walmart shopping mall had changed—it was charred black everywhere, clearly unsuitable as a stronghold anymore.

Chu Xuan furrowed his brows. During his absence, someone had come to the Walmart and set it on fire maliciously.

"Interesting," Chu Xuan scoffed coldly. As a demonic cultivator, he hadn't yet provoked anyone, yet he had already been targeted.

"Hu, fetch me a live one!" Chu Xuan took out the Corpse Nurturing Tower, released Hu, and commanded.

"Roar!"

With a roar, Hu, like a streak of black lightning, shot out

...

In a nearby district, inside a small supermarket, a woman lay on the ground, her head bloodied, dazed and barely conscious. A gaunt man knelt beside her, weeping bitterly. Before them stood a burly man, muscular and imposing, wielding a modified iron rod in his hand. The rod was studded with rusty nails—striking anyone with it could cause tetanus if not outright death.

"Don't kill her, don't kill her! I'll do anything!" The gaunt man stretched out his hands in a gesture of surrender.

The burly man chuckled darkly, "Oh? Anything?" He smirked. "Then help her onto that chair, and tie yourself up."

With his life hanging by a thread, the gaunt man had no choice but to comply. Moments later, after securing himself tightly with ropes, he pleaded, "Can we go free now?"

The burly man burst into laughter, "Kid, you're too naïve! Had you struggled desperately, I might have hesitated. But now... you're just a sitting duck."

"Ever since I was young, I've had a particular fancy that I've never been able to indulge. Now, I think I'll give it a try."

His face twisted into a malevolent grin as his gaze roved lasciviously over the woman's curves.

Only then did the gaunt man realize the danger. He roared in anger, "Wang Bao, you want food and water, I have it at home, just don't touch her!"

Wang Bao laughed sinisterly, his thick hands tearing away the woman's jacket, revealing her pale skin beneath.

"Go to hell!"

The gaunt man roared, a lion-like strength erupting from him as he charged at Wang Bao with the heavy iron chair.

However, Wang Bao was on guard. He whirled around and swung his rod.

Thud.

The gaunt man's body fell heavily, his skull cracking open, blood and brain matter scattering.

Wang Bao sneered, "Idoit, trying to fight me..."

His words were cut short as he screamed in pain. The woman had awakened, grabbing his fingers and savagely biting into them.

Her eyes were white, devoid of pupils, surrounded by bloodshot veins—she had clearly turned into a zombie!

"Damn it! This idiot brought a woman bitten by a zombie along!"

Wang Bao recoiled in horror, cursing furiously. Having witnessed the zombie outbreak for over five years, he had seen numerous comrades get bitten and turn into zombies. But having it happen to himself was both infuriating and terrifying.

"Damn it, die!" Wang Bao bellowed in rage, wildly swinging his tetanus-ridden iron rod. The woman's skull was smashed open, her blood and brain matter spraying out in a gruesome fountain.

Standing still, Wang Bao gasped for fresh air, his hands trembling as he fumbled in his pocket for a long while before finally pulling out a cigarette and a lighter. He had kept this cigarette in his pocket for over three months, never daring to smoke it. Now, facing the prospect of turning into a zombie, he figured there was no better time.

"...ohh, shit..."

Just then, he heard footsteps approaching. Squinting, he saw a massive, pitch-black zombie striding towards him. This zombie was significantly larger than typical ones, resembling a moving mountain.

"High-level zombie!" Wang Bao's heart skipped a beat. This creature was clearly a high-level zombie. He thought about running, but then remembered he had been bitten and would soon turn into a zombie himself. He stopped in his tracks.

"Hey, I'm about to be a zombie too, can I hang with you?" Wang Bao, rather manically, gestured towards the mountainous zombie.

The next moment, he saw the huge zombie charge towards him. With a swift motion, his right arm scooped Wang Bao up and tucked him under its armpit.

Thump! Thump!

The massive zombie powerfully leapt from the ground, soaring over five meters high with each bound, repeatedly vaulting through the air.

Wang Bao, dizzied by the motion, struggled to keep his bearings. When his vision finally cleared, he was astonished to find himself standing inside a dark, wall-covered shopping mall.

4