17. Lose
126 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The speed at which the water froze was the same as the speed at which Oliver blinked his eyes.

When his eyes opened again after blinking, he no longer saw the water. It had completely become a large ice in the shape of a wave where Ruby's body was trapped inside with her shocked expression.

Of course, she could still see because her eyeballs were moving.

It was just that she looked like she was about to die from the cold and was unable to breathe.

Since their goal was only to capture her, Miya quickly changed the shape of the ice.

First she removed almost all of it, leaving only the ice that covered Ruby's body in a thickness of about 10 cm. It was enough to make her unable to move.

After that, she finally removed the ice on her head.

Phew!

The woman hurriedly took a deep breath to recover her skin that had started to turn blue.

Of course, she was still very cold.

"Miya," she said in disbelief to the woman still sitting in her chair.

"Looks like you need to be taken out of this ice first," Miya said, not caring about her reaction.

When she stood up, she reduced the ice on Ruby's body until only her feet and hands remained.

After that, the ring on her hand suddenly turned into a long whip similar to a rubber strap.

It seemed to be a weapon she had gotten from the System.

"Oliver, tie up her legs and hands, she will still be very cold even if only a speck of my ice remains on her body," she said, handing the whip to Oliver.

The latter accepted it and moved quickly to bind the woman's hands and feet.

Because of the whip's seemingly self-extending length, one whip was enough to bind both hands and feet at once.

Only after that, did Miya remove the remaining ice on Ruby's body.

Slowly, her skin that had become slightly blue began to recover.

She obviously had a strong immune system or else the ice cold had already given her the flu.

"This wasn't difficult. The drowning water and then the freezing ice, it would be hard for anyone to escape this combination of attacks." Rather than explaining to Ruby, Miya seemed to be more interested in thinking about her attack combination with Oliver.

She imagined they would be able to catch anyone with that partnership.

"Miya, are you out of your mind?" Ruby had no choice but to speak again as she seemed to be ignored.

"Not that I want to do this, but I can't stop being suspicious of you," Miya replied, smiling slightly.

Her smile was not just because of this business, but because she had finally won their silent competition where she managed to catch her in one step until she was helpless again.

She walked until she reached her side then opened the leather jacket she was wearing to reveal a hidden pocket inside.

There, there was an aluminum-colored pistol, looking very shiny where the long barrel gave the impression of a spear that could pierce through anything.

In shape, it didn't seem to be any different from a normal gun. However, when you look at the handle, you will realize that it actually has electronic screens attached to its left and right sides.

The left screen seems to display the number of batteries while the right screen shows the number 21.

"So this is the Laser Weapon. If only you were really loyal, you should have brought one to me," Miya said as she observed the pistol.

"It took a lot of requirements to get even one of those pistols for me. There was no way I could have asked for two," Ruby replied, as if trying to explain.

If she was in a free state and Miya said she didn't believe her, she might be able to explain everything casually as it didn't matter too much if she really didn't believe because each of them could stand independently.

Unfortunately, the conditions did not allow her to be casual.

In addition, she finally saw the reason for Miya and Oliver's confidence.

Those who should have no skills due to being rejected by all constellations actually had such powerful skills, which to Ruby was completely unexpected.

No matter how she thought, she couldn't think of where they got their skills.

"Huh, you just lied again. Looks like my guess was right, you're just here to spy on me," Miya replied with a snort.

In her logic, there was no way Ruby couldn't get one of those weapons again. Even she thought it wouldn't be difficult with her father's identity. However, Ruby said it was impossible.

If Miya's logic was correct, then Ruby might actually want to spy on her.

At this point, Ruby could only show a helpless expression.

"Don't think my suspicions will go away. Who doesn't know that you are trained with various military skills, pretending and being a spy shouldn't be difficult for you," Miya added when she saw Ruby's expression.

"Aunt, how about we lock her up in the warehouse?" Oliver also spoke.

Miya nodded at that.

"Let's take her to the warehouse, there's a trolley under the table, just put her on it," she said.

Oliver then looked under the table and sure enough there was a trolley there. It seemed to be used for transporting food ingredients.

He pulled the trolley before sliding his hands under Ruby's shoulders to move her body onto the trolley.

This woman was not fat, but she was actually quite heavy, obviously because she had an athletic build. Oliver knew he wouldn't be able to lift her all the way to the warehouse with his current strength.

"Boy, you..." Ruby finally started to show some anger as she was placed on the trolley.

Anyone would take offense to being treated like that, let alone her, who could be said to be a respectable woman.

However, Oliver didn't care because she was completely helpless. Even if she was freed, it would still be difficult for her to fight him without that laser weapon.

After that, he pushed the trolley out of the dining room as the warehouse was in the next room.

Miya did not follow him. She sat on the chair previously occupied by Ruby and sighed, looking very exhausted even though she had not used much of her strength.

"In this new world, it's just getting harder and harder to trust people," she said in a low voice.

While on his way to the warehouse, Oliver saw Kim Hana come out of her room, as if she had just washed her face because even her hair had become very wet.

Seeing Ruby being carried on a trolley with her hands and feet tied, she couldn't be more shocked.

However, she was a bit worried about being near Oliver now, so she just watched as she saw him enter the warehouse.

After that, she went to the dining room, thinking Miya would tell her something.

3