Chapter 30 – Yarn…
166 5 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Heh, I did it again (-_^)

<Sc'the>

That whole even was super scary; I was glad that Redline was able to react to everything so quickly because I didn't want to try imagining what could've happened if she hadn't picked me up and ran. Based on what I did see, those shimmering barriers of light that appeared in the air around me were definitely not a normal thing; I'd just reacted, the wolf-guy didn't seen like he was acting in any way but the Fox-lady was definitely mad just upon seeing me so I'd activated (Hindrance) in the split second before Red had grabbed me...

The next few moments of being carried around and put under intensely fast, sharp turns was extremely nauseating; It made me glad that Redline didn't set me down immediately when the wolf-guy stepped in to stop the fox-lady, otherwise I would definitely have fallen onto my face. I was sure that--even with the quick and sharp motions of what Redline had to use in evasion--the fox-lady would catch her, catch me

It was incredibly relieving to see that giant wall of red blocking the two of off from her, and after a few moments of the wolf-guy yelling at the fox-lady, calling her Freya, and keeping us separate Redline set me back down. Just as the walls faded away into a sort of red mist with the wolf-guy still stood in the middle between Red and the fox-lady, Freya, thankfully keeping the angry lady from trying to attack again. I'd turned invisible again by this point and was sneaking glances between the angry fox-lady and Redline to make sure that I hadn't stabbed or cut her with any of my spines. 

Freija roared, "How do you know she's safe with that creature! It doesn't deserve to stay next to her, it does't deserve to stay with her, It--" 

Redline interrupted her angrily, "Foxy Stop--" I didn't stay to hear the rest of it. She was right in saying that I didn't deserve to stay with Redline...all I had done so far is cause trouble for her and risk her life every time she interacted with me...Instead I went upstairs and into Redline's room, I still could hear the yelling happening below but I blocked it our in favor of burying myself into the pillows at the corner of the room and crying. 

I didn't know what had gotten into me: maybe it was all of the stress of what had happened in the cave, the feeling of almost being abandoned to fend for myself in a new environment after feeling like I'd met someone I could try to be friends with; or maybe it was the constant fear that I had encountered after getting to the city: the first being Cinder almost killing me because of a brash, stupid decision to (Spy) on her and see if I could see how strong she was, and then having the whole thing with Pops and his aura crushing against me from all directions like some twisted form of gravity. 

I just broke down; The tears wouldn't stop flowing. No matter how much I covered my ears to block out the sound of arguing coming from downstairs. I could still hear the absolute hatred in the fox-lady's voice playing in my mind over and over. 

"How do you know she's safe with that creature!" Red wasn't safe with me at all, every part of me was dangerous. I was dangerous just by being around other things...

 "...It doesn't deserve to stay next to her," All I had was cause problems for Redline, ever since meeting her I had only taken, or acted out in my own selfishness...I'd never actually done something for her out of just pure generosity, an act of friendship. 

"...it does't deserve to stay with her..."

For the next ten minutes I stayed in the mountain of pillows, trying to block out everything around me. Trying to hide myself from the world; thinking that I didn't deserve to be there, didn't deserve to be alive. All those other people on that plane had died because of me: the pilots, the innocent people just taking a trip around the world, people returning back home after their own trip, my classmates and teacher...

They all didn't deserve to die...I'd screwed up my own life. After hearing my grandparents had left me alone had been too much, I'd done the school-work purely out of mechanical habit. Not even thinking about why I was doing it, just doing it because I needed something to distract myself with...

I'd pushed away the people and classmates I had relationships with, often going out of my way to actively avoid them. If it was anyone it was them that deserved such an opportunity: to be reincarnated as a creature only found in dreams and fantasy; to be given the chance to go to another world.

{Condition: Heart-broken, Guilty, Breaking} 

Oh shut up Voice...I care about you anymore. 

{Warning: If host continues to spiral deeper into an unhealthy depression their body will start breaking down and death may be immanent

I SAID SHUT UP! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!!
IF I DIE I DIE! It's already happened to me once, doing so again would be easy...

{System Intervening}

"Foxy Stop!" Why am I hearing Red in my head now...stop it. I don't want to, "What happened to you was in no way his fault! Sc'the is the most adorable, innocent creature I have ever met! He doesn't deserve your rage directed at him because of what he is. He's only three days old, so stop acting like this!"

She said that about me? Wait--stop that! I don't want her in my head now too...

"Were you able to move everything in this place in under three hours, with nothing but a few Skills and your Strength, at my level Foxy?" Sure. That was a bit of fun, but that doesn't say anything, " He has, and when I mean everything was moved I mean literally everything." 

Why are you doing this? I thought you reveled in making life miserable for me...being as annoying as possible without actually interfering...

"Not to mention he tried cooking after seeing Pops do it! Nyahaha." Nooo--please don't bring this up, "It was so hilarious to see Pops holding Sc'the over the burned Hog-Hound Carcass and scolding him like a small kit..."

Fine! I get it! I have people that care about me here too! Just stop already...

{Condition: Embarrassed, Slight Guilt}

Grrrr ... Alright. I'll try to be more thankful of you from now on Voice. Just please don't ever do that again. I got up and exited the mass, looking back at the mess I had made: the pillows were all shredded, with dark purple stained cuts having shredded nearly every single one into what could've just been a giant pile of fluff. 

There were also lighter Purple stains on the floor in the area that I'd been curled up at but I didn't want to think about what those meant at the moment. I decided to look at the time:

9:64am

I've been here almost twenty minutes now? 

...I should probably go back down-stairs now. I walked over and opened to door to exit her room, still thankful that all of the doors had level-like handles to their doors, otherwise I don't think I would've been able to enter or leave anywhere whenever I wanted. I peeked my head out for a moment--I was still invisible, but that didn't matter to a house-full of high-levered beings that could probably hear a mouse from miles away--and seeing no one there, at least not in the open. I exited and wrapped my tail around the handle, taking a moment to look at the mess I'd caused before closing the door. 

I'm going to come back and try to clean that up best I can later... I thought to myself, not at all sure whether I would actually end up doing so. I took my time getting to the stairs, and going down them. By the time I reached them I was able to hear conversation still going on downstairs, "...wait. Go back for a moment here; You're saying that the Captain of the Guard, a lady that holds a grudge worse than me against the Dragons, let Sc'the just write on her door?"

Nooo. Not more embarrassing stories; Why were you sharing all of mine so openly?

I hadn't even gotten the chance to hear about some of your own from Pops yet...

I went down anyways; I didn't need to get near them, but I did still want to be there and see Red leave..."Yeah. It was so hilarious..." please, stop. "He just picked up a stick of Glowing Powder and just drew on her door. Making a picture to show that he was just hungry. It was one of the most hilarious and horrifying experiences I think I've ever gone through..."

Hey! I couldn't help it that she had literally nothing else to write with! It was either I draw on her desk, or I draw on her door; Either way, it was a lose-lose situation!

"I don't know about that Kitty," Oh the wolf-guy was speaking again, his voice was a little deeper than when it'd been when he was yelling, "You might have to replace a few things at the top of that list: With what Foxy had planned for the next two days..."

Now I really wanted to come along! Such an event was bound to be extremely hilarious, something memorable I could hold over Redline and embarrass her about like she does about me so openly...

"Right! I've been so distracted by what's gone on here for the past twenty minutes that I completely forgot about dragging you out of the house kicking and screaming..." Freija hopped in her spot and they both moved closer to Redline--aiming to corner her maybe--but she stopped them holding up a hand and pointing at me.

...Oh right, I was partially visible again for this event. "Before we go out, you are going to apologize to Sc'the. And I want you to promise that you'll get him something in return for whatever added damage you've caused, on top of what Pops did yesterday." I shivered subconsciously, I just might have a fear of giant crocodiles now because of that..."And I want you to come back here and give it to him yourself. And apologize again..."

Freija turned towards me so quickly that I flinched and almost hid behind the wall again to get out of her sight, "I am sorry..." she paused for a moment."For trying to attack you and saying all of those mean things earlier..."

I lifted a leg to wave, or something, to show that I accepted her apology, but stopped myself mid-motion. I probably shouldn't be showing too much of my intelligence here, but what else could I do...

I looked back at the tip of my tail and thought that would probably be the second best option for me here; I brought as much of my tail as I could up and bent it into the shape of a check-mark. Then I let go of my invisibility, not moving, but just staying there to watch. It seemed that that little motion was probably more confusing to them than the effect of waving a paw might've been but it was too late to take it back now. 

"That's a pretty cool effect he has with his eyes there." The wold-man commented and I tilted my head at that. The others' heads snapped to him in shock,  "It's able to penetrate my (Influence Resistance) for a few seconds longer than most Visually affecting Illusions are able to." 

Wait, really? I didn't even notice my eyes had that effect. I took a quick glance at my skills to see if there was anything like that there: 

Skills: Flame (Lv. 6), Toxic Slash (Lv. 35), Tail Smash (Lv. 31), Bite (Lv. 10), Flight (Lv. 2), Toxic Breath (Lv. 11), Hindrance (Lv. 12), Stealth (Lv. 15), Patient Hunter (Lv. 22), Steal (Lv. 16), Tracking (Lv. 5), Paralyzing Touch (Lv. 11), Dash (Lv. 40).
Special Skills: Void Storage (Lv. ---), Invisibility (Passive/Activated), Fear Aura (Lv. 5 (Passive), Spy (Lv. 5), Reap (Lv. 2), Soul Devour (Lv. 3). 

Nope I didn't have any sort of skill like that at all, and I while it was nice to see so many of my more normal Skills having increased in level just passively or from that earlier encounter was. I didn't want to think about that again at the moment. 

The fox-lady, Freija suddenly spoke again, "Now that I think about it I should've been able to react just a little bit faster in activating my (Reflection Barrier)s earlier when I was trying to trap him at the door there..." She looked at Redline with her head tilted slightly in a curious manner, "Does he have a Debuff skill or something in of a similar manner?"

Redline just shrugged, "I had a similar moment when encountering him in the caves, but currently I don't know if it's a skill that he had or if it's just another trait his race has..." They all looked at the place I'd been earlier.

"...Hey!" Freija blurted, "Don't think I don't know what your thinking based off of the way your ears droop...I am not going to let you off easy again" They both moved toward Red again, but it didn't seem in a threatening manner, more of a playful(?) one..."You will be doing every event I have planned for these next two days. No matter how much you don't want to. That is non-negotiable--in any manner, whatsoever."

"I think it's about time we got you out of this house an in a dress young lady," the wolf added, Redline's ears fell and her tail went still as they both grabbed her. "No more procrastinating for you young lady."

"...I was really hoping to waste at least a few more minutes" She mumbled as both of the older visitors dragged her out of the house.

"First stop: Requiem!" The fox-lady yelled gleefully once they were out the front doors again, with Red in tow. 

I want over to the door and waved a paw 'goodbye' and closed the door as her eyes widened once seeing the motion. I sat there for a moment just staring at the door I had closed on myself, and thought about what I could do next: Looking around there were several couched I could run on like a hyper-active cat, there were plenty of other things I could move around the house again until I got bored, there was that giant sea of yarn in the middle of the living-room floor...

Yep. I know exactly what I wanted to do now. 


Hello everyone!
This was an emotional chapter for me to write, surprisingly...

...I don't usually get into a character as much as I did in this chapter, so I hope that it turned out alright. Even if half of it was pretty much a recap of both first and second parts of the First day. 
Hopefully no one had a problem with staging the chapter like this, but it felt like it was important for me to do.

There was also the thing with the System...I did not intend on getting it involved in that at all, but it happened. And it gave me more of an end goal I can take the story, so there's that...

Anyways I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you in the next one!

Patreon

Announcement
Patreon Support: Nicolae, sselraef, ShadowOfShadow, EstenLyrics

Spoiler

(If you want a Patreon Shout out please consider joining The Eyes of Amber, in order to gloat about them to the world!)

[collapse]

6