Chapter 15 – Initial Training Missions.
99 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lionel knew that he had a physical advantage over all the other people in the training zone. 

He didn't know how powerful the training ground was, but he wanted to try and test his level in comparison with the enemies within. 

But the "Very Easy" mission was too easy for him. 

He was teleported into a countryside and was tasked to exterminate a goblin nest.

He looked at the forest path ahead of him and started walking, his senses fully heightened as this was his first mission and he didn't want to underestimate the challenge. 

Soon enough, a goblin attacked him with a club. It was the size of a short human, just under 5 feet tall.  

With his right claw, he attacked and was surprised as the goblin and its club was slashed to pieces easily. 

Lionel frowned and looked at the corpse, then walked on. 

Another 2 goblins attacked from the shrubery, one carrying a short sword and the other another club.

But this time Lionel didn't retaliate, instead taking their attacks without dodging or counter attacking.  

The club hit his body while the short sword pierced through his forearm as he blocked with his arm. 

"Ok... this is roughly the attack power of a weak human" Lionel nodded. 

Suddenly, he soccer kicked the goblin that attacked him with the sword and its body splattered to pieces as his leg literally broke it's body apart. 

The other goblin that attacked with the club panicked and tried to run, but a side kick splattered him into the nearest tree. 

He pulled the short sword out of his forearm as it healed before his eyes. 

"Ok.. now I understand this level" he said and rushed off. 

A goblin stood by a cave, keeping watch with a crude spear. 

Suddenly a gust of wind was felt as something faster than the human eye entered the cave. 

The goblin's head suddenly fell down as its body remained standing with its green blood spurting out of its neck like a fountain. 

About 2 minutes later, a goblin ran out of the cave terrified. 

Lionel walked out of the cave behind it, carrying a goblin by it's neck. 

He looked truly demonic with small horns on either temple, claws fully unsheathed and his fangs showing. Large wings were extended too as he even used them as large blades to kill everything in the cave. 

With a flap of his bat like wings, he flew into the air and incredible speeds and flew higher and higher and suddenly dive bombed down before leveling out around 3 feet from the ground at near supersonic speeds

"Woooo hoooo" he yelled, using his wings for the first time 

He shot upwards again, spinning like a top before scanning the forest from a birds eye view. 

The goblin in his hand had already passed out from lack of oxygen and he saw the other goblin running out of the forest and through the field. 

He dive bombed again, and threw the unconscious goblin at the escaping one at supersonic speed and stopped his momentum suddenly as he watched. 

The thrown goblin smashed into the other goblin as both bodies exploded into pieces at mach 1 speed. 

Lionel slowly landed on the ground as he retracted his wings, claws and fangs. 

"Ok. I think I'll try a level higher next" he said as his body stared teleporting back to the training zone. 

As he teleported back to the missions hall, he saw a smiling Hebe.

"Congratulations on your first mission. Each creature killed in this very easy mission will give you 1 point. You have earned 27 points from this mission" she smiled.

"Uh.. thanks. Can I try a harder level? This one was too easy" Lionel said. 

"Sure. But please be careful. You can die in such missions too" she said. 

"Don't worry. I only want to see where my level is at. I want to try the next level in battle missions" he said. Lionel wasn't interested in missions to solve mysteries, or to go through mazes or do heroic tasks. He only wanted to fight. 

"Ok the. The Easy level, each kill is worth 10 points" she smiled. 

He finished several missions within 5 minutes each. These Easy missions included enemies like kobolds, skeletons, ghouls, beastmen and zombies, orcs, hobgoblins and centours. These enemies will give an average person a hard time, but Lionel massacred them like he did Tony Ramone's gang. 

By now his clothes were ripped and Hebe asked him if he wanted to use his points to buy armor and weapons. 

"No, not yet. I would like to try the next level up" Lionel said. 

"Ok. Please don't be too gung ho. You are like my husband Hercules" she said. 

"Your husband.. Oh! Now I remember. You're that Hebe" Lionel said. 

Hebe smiled. "Anyway. Don't bite off more than you can chew" she said as she teleported him into the first of the Moderate level missions which gives 100 points per kill.

Not only did missions give points for kills, you can get points for surviving the time limit too. This is to maximise the chances of survival for the trainees. If they couldn't kill the enemies, they could at least fight to survive and get out. 

But so far, Lionel has been killing everything, getting the kill bonus, survival bonus and finishing the mission points.

"Wow. I didn't realize he was that competent this early on. He just got here didn't he?" Hebe said as she looked at his mission points.

While the rest were training and hadn't even taken a single mission yet, Lionel had already amassed 4807 points.   

Lionel teleported out about an hour later

"Bastard high orcs. They're tougher than I expected" he said, gasping for air as the gruesome wounds on his body started healing.

"Congratulation again for accomplishing your mission. Are you alright?" Hebe asked

"Yeah. I think I need a rest and look at some weapons" Lionel admitted.

 

 

2